The foundation of the Institute of Nuclear Sciences at Ege University starts in 1959 along with other similar initiatives in Turkey and the Radioisotopes Research Center was established in 1966 and continued its activities until 1977. Between 1977 and 1982, it was active as Ege University Nuclear Research and Education Institute. In 1983, it was re-established as Ege University, Institute of Nuclear Sciences. Since 1986, when the post-graduate education was started, 240 Masters, 78 PhD degrees of total 318 graduate students have been awarded, and 210 research projects have been completed. Currently, more than 90 post-graduate students are studying master or PhD, and 45 research projects have been carrying out.